Annie and the Waves – a beach safety children’s book for children aged 3-8.
Annie and her family are going to the beach for a holiday.
Two surf lifesavers visit Annie’s school and she learns how to stay safe at the beach. Annie discovers that the ocean is changeable and is initially wary of the waves. With a little help from her family and the surf lifesavers Annie soon discovers the joys of swimming in the ocean.
Annie’s confidence grows until she experiences a surging wave that drags her into the deep water.
Will she remember how to tell the surf lifesavers she needs help?
As you read this book you will learn:
- Surf lifesavers wear red and yellow
- You should always swim between the red and yellow flags
- Some beaches are safer than others
- There are different kinds of waves, some are safer than others
- If you get into trouble, stay calm and raise your hand to show the surf lifesavers you need help.
- Be sun safe at the beach. Wear a hat and a rashie and don’t forget to put on sunscreen before you go out in the sun
- You should never go into the water alone!